ThinkorSwim Tutorial 3: Setting Up API for Trading in ThinkorSwim
This video focuses on creating and API for ThinkScripts Trades.
The API allows developers to enable their software to connect to TD Ameritrade for trading, data, and account management.
The API is language-independent, simple, and robust. TD Ameritrade’s API features include:
- Trading – Submitting, canceling, modifying orders
- Streaming data – Level I, Level II, News, and Actives1
- Historical data – Daily and intraday
- Account information – Balances, positions, transactions
- Multi-product support – Stocks, options, ETFs, mutual funds
- Guides and sample code – Provides easy integration into various programming environments
- Comprehensive documentation – Complete description and clear documentation available
thinkScript® is a built-in programming language that gives you the capability of creating your own analysis tools such as studies, strategies, watchlist columns, etc. In thinkScript®, you decide which kind of data to analyze with which methods.
Functions present in this programming language are capable of retrieving both market and fiscal data and provide you with numerous techniques to process it. You are even able to combine many technical indicators in one by referencing them in your code or just using functions that represent the most popular studies such as simple or exponential moving average.
The newest Think or Swim release brings us the ability to set up an TD Ameritrade API, to create Automated trades from Thinkscript code! Here’s how to use them.
Enjoy the video.
After watching, please leave a comment below and encourage other traders to join Trendy Pips. Enjoy… Jonathan
[bctt tweet=”Trendy Pips, Trading Made Easier For Everyone quote.”]